Home Companion Program
Jewish Family Service requires all aides to complete a seven week training course, developed by a licensed social worker and receive certification. All companions’ references are thoroughly checked including a criminal background check and a satisfactory health screening. The Home Companion Program offers:
- To create a safe environment in the comfort of one’s own home
- Personalized scheduling of Companions
(2 -24 hours from 1 – 7 days/week; hourly or live-in; temporary or short term)
- Periodic Home Visits and follow-up
- Assessment and search for a Companion who best matches client’s needs
- Affordable rates
People who are afflicted with the following conditions can be assisted with the Home Companion Program: Dementia, Hearing and Visual impairment, Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, Heart Attack and Stroke. Jewish Family Service can also provide hospice support as well as respite for immediate family caregivers.
The level of servies available are Sitter Services, Home Companion and Skilled/Personal Care. Hourly, daily or live-in assistance is available.
- Provide companionship, reading books or mail and simple socialization to patient in hospital, nursing home or health related facility or at-home.
Home Companion Services
- Meal preparation and cleanup
- Guidance with grooming and dressing
- Assistance with bathing
- Laundry and linen washing
- Bed making
- Exercising and socialization
- Organizing activities in the home environment
- Grocery and clothes shopping
- Transportation to medical appointments, errands, social and recreational activities
- Promote recovery from surgery, illness or injury
- Provide hospice support
Personal Care Services
In addition to non-medical services provided above, JFS can arrange for Certified Nurses Aides (CNA) to assist with:
- toileting (changing undergarments)
- tooth brushing
- ileostomy care
For explanation of rates or to request an assessment of client needs, please contact Isrella Knopf, Director of Senior Services at 203-921-4161 ext. 114
Or please feel free to contact us via this email form.